Since, April 25th, CHANEL takes up summer residence at the private mansion La Mistralée in Saint-Tropez and sets up its ephemeral boutique to be open till October this year. A showcase for its Ready-to-Wear, accessories, watches and fine jewellery collections, it is also dedicated to fragrances, skincare and beauty.
This season, the décor tends towards clean lines and monochrome. From the vestibule to the verrière, each room is painted in a single shade: navy blue, burgundy, pink nude and gold. Only just a few walls are heightened with sections of floral wallpaper. The glass and chrome furniture in colours to match each room is modern and minimal.
Like a spider’s web guiding the visitor, the parquet floor is painted throughout in burgundy red in reference to the iconic CHANEL handbag interiors. The path ends at the verrière, a glass-roofed room bathed in light and with a rotunda ceiling that displays a huge camellia, 2.5 metres in diameter with white and golden petals.
The vestibule in navy blue presents silhouettes from the Spring-Summer 2015 Ready-to-Wear collection. The salon in shades of powder pink displays the accessories and shoes. Finally, right in the heart of the verrière, one discovers a selection of watches from the Première, J12 and Mademoiselle Privé collections arranged on a central display along with other Ready-to-Wear pieces.
The nearby pool house is dedicated to beauty, fragrances and to beachwear. The niches gather together the emblematic CHANEL perfumes, beauty, accessories – all sorts of makeup brushes – nail polishes, eye shadows and blushers, and other palettes composing a colorama bursting with sunshine.
The Estee Lauder fall 2015 skincare collection features New Dimension Shape, Fill Expert Serum and New Dimension Expert Liquid Tape. It empowers women to transform their appearance, helping define the look of contours so every angle becomes a woman’s best angle.
by: Duhin Ganju
From traditional ethnic wear to sassy Western attires, recently concluded India Fashion Week saw some of the upcoming talents in this powerful industry. With many fashionable trends, here are some of the frontrunners that will definitely glam up any fashion wardrobe in the fall season.
1) CAPES AND PONCHOS: Be it Samant Chauhan or duo Hemant and Nandita, capes and ponchos are definitely going to be an absolute hit for the winters. Wear it with a simple pair of jeans or an elegant sari; they will never fail to deliver a chic style statement for any fashionable event.
2) A ‘PATENT’ MOOD: With an uber-cool and androgynous approach, pointy patent brogues will ben absolute must-have for the upcoming winters. Designers like Rajesh Pratap Singh, Shweta Kapoor and Poonam Dubey; chose these manly boots to be the perfect accessory match for every fashionable look.
3) MONOCHROME MAGIC: Its all about keeping it simple this season as a subtle combination of black and white is going to be incorporated in the wintery garments. Be it Rohit Gandhi+Rahul Khanna or Pallavi Mohan, this combination, a must-have, won’t fail any fashion enthusiast.
5) ITS ALL ABOUT THE ‘CLUTCH’: The perfect IT bag, be it an embroidered number or a simply structured affair, the clutch bag won’t miss out on any fashionable look. Designers like JJ Valaya and Namrata Joshipura did a fine job in showcasing some tempting clutch bags that would definitely accompany any look ranging from office wear to chic and comfortable casualwear.
6) FLARED PANTS: Bringing back the 60’s fashion, flared pants are going to return with a bang. With tapered hemlines, these tailored numbers will be finely crafted from heavy fabrics like wool, khadi, tweed and silk.
7) EASY GO: Slouched silhouettes are going to be a part of all the fashionable attires, making an effortless fashion statement. Comfortable and relaxed these winters, one won’t experience an overdo attire as clothes are going to be simple yet chic. Indian designers like Rajesh Pratap Singh, Bodice and EKA showcased garments that were crumpled and easily draped over the feminine body.
The news was announced on Tisci’s Instagram account with a black- and- white image of the designerfacing away from each other. Tisci wears one of his signature plaid shirts and Donatella is in a dress from the brand’s fall collection.The ad campaign was photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot and styled by Carine Roitfeld.
Ocleppo opted for exclusive materials including exotic Italian leathers, python, lynx, suede, and more. The collection represents Cali-style with vibrant colors as a staple including pink, blue, yellow, white, and other feminine palettes.
Made in Italy, the new bag line includes the St. Tropez top handle tote with interchangeable covers in colorful rattan or exotic leathers, which allow one bag to have two different looks. There is fringed Hong Kong iPhone case with a window cutout of the back to access a phone screen and a Soho clutch with lizard flap.
A documentary on the life of Martin Margiela titled “The Artist Is Absent,” was screened at the TriBeCa Film Festival 2015 which answered some lingering questions about the enigmatic Belgian designer.
Directed by Alison Chernick and produced by Yoox Group, the short film focused on the Belgian designer’s creative path through interviews with Raf Simons, Olivier Saillard, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Suzy Menkes and other fashion industry figures.
The short film covered how the designer got included as the “seventh member” of the Antwerp Six and his significant role in placing Belgium on the fashion map in the ’80s and ’90s. The short movie revealed how Margiela picked his sense of deconstruction from his mother who had a habit of buying vintage furniture and taking it apart.
The film also served as a sort of swan song for the designer, who left his namesake house sometime around 2008.
For more Sparkling Inspirations information, please visit www.swarovski-elements.com and http://www.swarovski-elements.com/inspiration/wedding-directory.en.html
For enquiries, please mail @ customer_service.in@Swarovski.com
Also please join us on :
To subscribe to this newsletter, please write to SparklingInspirations@swarovski.com